This post may contain affiliate links.
If you buy something from one of the linked sites you won't pay anything more, but I might make a commission.
This is what’s been floating around in my head for the past week. I need to clear it out to make room for more.
I can’t remember when I first came across these pictures on Flikr, but they’re amazing. They’re by a guy named Michael Hughes, a freelance photographer based in Germany. He says he has to take about 50 pictures at each site to get it just right. You can read more about him and his fascinating souvenir pictures here.
My friend Amybeth got engaged last week, and I’m very very happy for her. And I love her ring. It’s aquamarine, which has a special significance to her that I’m not going to share here, but it’s very sweet.
My stepmom sent me this link, with the comment that some people have too much time on their hands. Well said. I’ve seen Rube Goldberg contraptions before, but they’re usually sophisticated and shiny. This one gets extra points for being MacGyver-esque.
My friend Amybeth (yes, the one who got engaged) got me a Chia Herb Garden for Christmas. I can’t remember how it came up, but we talked about growing herbs in our kitchens a little while back. And now I can! Actually, they’re in my dining room. First they germinated for a few days:
After a few days, the chives and basil were sprouting:
It’s now a little over a week since I “planted” the seeds and the basil is going strong, while the dill has shot up out of nowhere!
I’m so proud of these little guys. Normally I can’t get anything to grow, so if this really works and actually produces usable herbs, I’m going to be so happy!
The parsley, though, seems to be having some trouble. It’s just not doing much of anything:
Oh well, if one had to not grow, I’m glad it’s the parsley.
My uncle Frank sent these to me, and I think they’re hilarious! They’re URLs of companies that didn’t bother to look and see what their names would look like all smooshed together in a web address.
1. ‘Who Represents’ is where you can find the name of the agent that represents any celebrity. Their Web site is: www.whorepresents.com
2. ‘Experts Exchange’ is a knowledge base where programmers can exchange advice and views at: www.expertsexchange.com
3. Looking for a great pen? Look no further than ‘ Pen Island ‘. Find it at: www.penisland.net
4. Need a therapist? Try ‘Therapist Finder’ at: www.therapistfinder.com
5. Then there’s the ‘Italian Power Generator’ company. Check it out at: www.powergenitalia.com
6.For ‘IP computer’ software, there’s always: www.ip_anywhere.com
7. And the designers at ‘Speed of Art’ await you at their wacky Web site: www.speedofart.com
Originally posted on Selfish Mom