This post may contain affiliate links.
If you buy something from one of the linked sites you won’t pay anything more, but I might make a commission.
Fiona and I just watched the first hour of Gone With The Wind, right up until Ashley (Ashley!) goes back to the war after his Christmas leave.
Fiona hasn’t watched a lot of old movies. An “old” movie to Fiona is Home Alone or Back To The Future. I knew she’d have questions. I didn’t expect her to have quite so many.
- Why is there music and nothing happening?
- Why are the letters drawn so funny?
- Are these actors still alive today?
- Isn’t Scarlett on a TV show today?
- Was this filming in the same time that it was happening?
- Whose house is that?
- Isn’t Ashley a girl’s name?
- Who are all those girls and why are they all sleeping? Do they all live there? Where are their parents?
- Is his name Rhett Butt?!? Why is he so much older than everybody else?
- What’s a Yankee?
- Who is arrogance?
- Why was he sleeping on the couch?
- Why is everybody riding horses?
- What war are they talking about?
- Is Captain Butt the guy from before?
- Why is she wearing black?
- Why isn’t she supposed to dance?
- Who’s Mrs. Charles Hamilton? Isn’t that Scarlett?
- Why did she give away her wedding ring?
- Why did she put her hat on backwards?
- Why aren’t there any more chickens?
- Why does he only get to come home for three days?
Can’t wait for the next hour!