This post may contain affiliate links.
If you buy something from one of the linked sites you won’t pay anything more, but I might make a commission.
[As always: I’m not a doctor. I’m not a nutritionist. I’m not responsible for what happens to you. I’m simply sharing what has worked for me.]
Those of you who know me know that my weight has gone up and down over the past ten years. I try a new eating plan, I do great for a couple months, at the most (usually less), and I burn out and start eating everything in sight. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Here’s me at Disney World for the 2013 Princess Half Marathon:
12 days before starting the FastDiet
11 days before starting the FastDiet
But my weight hasn’t been this low in more than a decade, and it’s still going down.
Twenty-three pounds lost in fewer than six months with the help of the FastDiet. And the best part? I’m not at all tired of it.
It’s not the fastest weight loss in the world, but definitely the easiest I’ve ever come across.
The specifics are up to you, but here are the basics:
- Twice a week, eat only 500 calories (600 if you’re a man). Which two days are up to you, but don’t make them two in a row.
- The other five days, eat normally. That’s what makes this so easy: you get five days every week to not think about dieting. And if you’re like me, you’ll find that the two fasting days will give you a new, better normal for the other five days without you even trying.
- Eat dessert with your breakfast (not on the fasting days, obviously). It will help you to not overindulge later in the day. I usually have between 150 and 200 calories of something chocolaty, like a brownie or a chocolate bar or some Oreos.
- Drink enough water. How much is specific to you, but try to listen to how you feel.
- Get enough sleep. You’ll make better choices.
Optional, but I think helpful:
- Take Fucothin three times a day with food. It’s Dr. Oz-recommended for speeding up your metabolism in a safe way.
- Exercise. I haven’t been exercising all summer and still lost weight, but I definitely lost faster when I was getting in some fast walking and jogging. Don’t worry about doing it every day or being too intense about it – if you’re like me, you’ll burn out. Just get up and do something a few times a week.
Want to read more about the FastDiet? Here are all of my posts on it:
Originally posted on Selfish Mom. All opinions expressed on this website come straight from Amy unless otherwise noted. This post has a Compensation Level of 0. Please visit Amy’s Full Disclosure page for more information.