This post may contain affiliate links.
If you buy something from one of the linked sites you won’t pay anything more, but I might make a commission.
Why living in NYC is awesome
If you’re not in the NYC area right now, well, I feel bad for you, because that means you don’t get to experience the wonderfulness that is The Big Apple Circus. We took the kids a couple of years ago, and it was a blast.
I love this circus for several reasons:
- It’s set up in a way that no seat is more than 50 feet from the action.
- They don’t use big scary animals like lions and tigers, so you don’t have to worry that your child might see someone get ripped to shreds during the show. They don’t have elephants either. When we went, they had a horse, a dog, a cat, and if I remember correctly, a bird (unless I’m hallucinating it, the bird was riding on the cat, which was riding on the dog). Their emphasis is much more on human talent.
- The few animals they do use are well cared for.
- I can take the subway to the show and don’t have to fight traffic and deal with parking.
- One of my friends is a musician in the show, and I just like saying that I know someone in the circus.
The Big Apple Circus will be putting up its big tent at Lincoln Center from October 22nd 2009 to January 18th 2010. You can buy tickets here.
Win 4 tickets to The Big Apple Circus
I’ve been given tickets to the show for my family, and I get to give out another four to a lucky winner! The winner will get four mezzanine seats to a performance of The Big Apple Circus during its next NYC run (the winner will choose from a list of dates).
- To enter, all you have to do is leave a comment on this post saying what your favorite circus memory is. If you don’t have any circus memories, then you definitely need to enter so that you can make some!
- You can earn an additional entry by tweeting about the contest, with a link back to this post and the hashtag #BigAppleCircus. You can just copy and past this one if you want:
Win 4 tickets to The Big Apple Circus from @SelfishMom! http://bit.ly/2XB3dH #BigAppleCircus
Make sure to leave a separate comment with a link to your tweet!
So, that’s a maximum of two entries per household, please. The comments will close at noon-ish on Wednesday, October 21st and random.org will draw a winner. For complete rules, please see my Giveaway Rules page. Good luck!
UPDATE: Save up to $30 per ticket
The Big Apple Circus has just added a special “Mommy Blogger” savings code for certain performances – you can save up to $30 per ticket! There are three ways to purchase these special discounted tickets:
- Go to this special ticket page, click on the available dates, and use MOMMY10 in the promotional code box
- Call 888-541-3750 and mention code MOMMY10
- Go to the Big Top Box Office in Damrosh Park, open daily 10am-6pm (starting October 17th) and make sure to bring a copy of this blog page